‘Drowning can be silent,’ say advocates working for water safety awareness
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) — The Lowcountry is surrounded by water. It’s refreshing but potentially deadly. That’s why many say it is so important for children especially to learn how to swim.
State Rep. Wendell Gilliard has been working to get the month of May declared “Water Safety Month.”
Gilliard has been a proponent of water safety for years. He says the bill will help bring awareness and just in time with summer right around the corner.
- NOW REGISTERING at our NEW LOCATION in Turnersville, New Jersey! Please call 856-259-2117 for registration information.
- NOW REGISTERING at our NEW LOCATION in Commack, New York! Please call 631-600-3280 for registration information.
- TWO NEW LOCATIONS in Deptford, New Jersey & Richmond, Virginia. Further information to follow.
- Kids First is set to open it’s 36th location this year, marking 17 years of remarkable growth. We thank all our loyal customers who have made this possible.
Free Swimming Lessons
- Children of deployed servicemen and servicewomen are eligible for free swimming lessons!Visit Our Military Kids for more information!
- Our first five franchises are off to an impressive start! Please click here for more information on your own franchise opportunities.
KIDS FIRST/Kick FIRST® System
- The KIDS FIRST/Kick FIRST® Learn to Swim System was recently awarded copyright protection by the United States Library of Congress.